Friday, October 16, 2009

Oct 16- Random Thoughts 6/ Thai Food

Had some Thai food today for lunch. Basically it was awesome. It got me thinking on how awesome food from the far east (or west depending on how far you go, because the Earth is round after all) truly is. I love the blend of vegetables to any of the basic meats (chicken, pork, and beef of course).

I never cared for vegetables much, like at all, anything green would repel me (don't get me started on green jell-o...) but once I gave this style of food, I eat everything on the plate! Unless of course there are tomatoes, because lets face it, tomatoes are gross.

Now on this occasion of my Thai adventure, when I ordered, the waitress asked "How spicy would you like that?". This caught me off guard! I'm not used to being asked that unless I'm ordering wings! So, with my brain in reflex mode, I fired back an answer of, "Um...Spicy..." thus making myself look like an idiot. Then for what seemed like an eternity, the waitress stared at me blankly clearly expecting a better answer, then my brain finally caught up and "Medium" finally escaped my lips. In reality the incident lasted seconds, but in my head it lasted forever! One of the many times I make an ass of myself.

But anyway, our food comes out, no white rice (something you come to just expect in places like this) but what evs. Carlista's food looks like a plate of snot noodles, with chunks of egg and (allegedly) pork. I then, feeling adventurous, proceed to taste her interesting choice in food. And believe me when I say it tasted worse than it looked...my exact words were "It tastes like how a toilet smells". But Carlista loved it, so power to her!

Now I begin to dig into my dish(Wish I could remember the name, but come on its all Ping-pong-chow-mein-fried-rice, right?). It is this beautiful collaboration of vegetables with tiny portions of thin cut chicken and long this noodles. And that medium level spice I so gracefully asked for? Oh...perfection! It had a kick that burned the lips, but the taste of the vegetables were still there. Oh soooo amazing.

Thank you Asian food! Thanks for giving me the love of vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment