Friday, October 16, 2009

Oct 16- Smart Phones

Smart phones, you either love em or ya hate em. Plain and simple. I for one was one of the loyal Motorola Razor users for many a day, and when the full keyboard internet surfing phones first came out, I scoffed! "Why would anyone need all that in a cell phone!"

Well as the days passed, and I grew older and wiser, I myself got a Blackberry 8800, and let me tell you that was one of the life altering events in my short life! Aside from the obvious advantage of having a full QWERTY keyboard (texting at light speed!) there are dozens of other advantages I now see as absolutely necessary in my mobile service! The mobile inter-web of course is something that once you taste it, you can never be without it.

When my Blackberry finally passed on (RIP) I had to down grade to a simple phone, almost back to the original brick Nokia phones... The thing could barely text! I then began to suffer hardcore withdrawl. No longer could I get instant emails to my phone, check my fantasy football, send Myspace/Facebook messages, or Google the answer the the random nagging question of the day! It was like severing one of my own arms! No longer did I have a small music library at my fingertips and the ability to assign full songs as personalized ringtones!

Since that day, I quit AT&T altogether, and "upgraded" to Sprint's Samsung Instinct. Yes the touch screen lured me in. But the Blackberry was where my heart stayed loyal. So with my upgrade coming up, is there any question on what I'm returning to? Let me leave you with these parting words: You can have my Blackberry...when you pry it from my cold dead fingers! GIVE ME BLACKBERRY OR GIVE ME DEATH!

No comments:

Post a Comment